Learning together, achieving forever
Pastoral care is at the heart of our school. Our vision, ethos, mission and aims incorporate this.
Through the highest quality of teaching and a challenging, safe and supportive learning environment, the school will endeavour to ensure that pupils maximise their academic achievements, personal development and sporting accomplishments. The school will always strive for improvement and excellence; believing that awareness of strengths and weaknesses and working with others in partnership is as important as external validation. Maintaining our record of exceptional pastoral support, the school will seek to remain a SIAMs Centre of Excellence as a Christian school and attain recognition as an outstanding school by Ofsted.
Newnham St Peter’s Church of England Primary School has a Christian foundation which it seeks to promote by providing high quality educational opportunities to all members of the school community. It encourages this through religious education, collective worship and the values and ethos of a curriculum which seeks to offer opportunities and experiences to promote pupils’ spiritual and moral development and to provide a base for lifelong learning. Our ethos is founded on our core values of honesty, trust, tolerance and patience.
The children in our care will be motivated, creative learners who achieve personal success and have respect for themselves, their communities and the wider world in accordance with Christian Values
- We will endeavour to help each child achieve his or her full potential and to lead a creative and fulfilled life.
- We will help the children grow up with confidence in their own innate strengths and their ability to accept responsibility for themselves and others.
- We will create an atmosphere of learning which is stimulating and satisfying to the children.
- We will create a caring relationship between teacher and child.
- We will manage the school in a manner which maximises the children’s opportunities for learning.
- The school will consolidate its position as an integral part of the community.
These aims are encapsulated within our school values of:
honesty ...is being sincere, truthful, trustworthy, honourable, fair, genuine and loyal with integrity.
trust... is an essential element of all our relationships and embodies dependability, open-mindedness, and lack of self-interest.
tolerance… is being fair, objective and permissive towards those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, and nationality differ from our own.
patience… is the ability to wait calmly for something and accept delay without getting frustrated or angry.
OFSTED - Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills
SIAMS - Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools
Mrs Harris is our Pastoral Support Worker for parents and pupils. She is available for parents from 8.45-9.00 and Monday and Tuesday afternoons from 1.30-3.00pm